Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Washi Tape Wednesday - DT Sarah-Jane

Hi, Sarah-Jane here again, this time to share some techniques........

Washi Tape, we all have some and if any of you are anything like me you probably have way too much! Last count I had 236 rolls of Washi Tape and that number grows every week! Here is just a small selection of my many rolls......


I am not sure how many rolls are in this triple layered jar, but I do know that I need another 2-3 more jars just to hold my stash!

Anyway, every week I will be publishing a short post with different things you can do with Washi Tape. There are so many possibilities, they are literally endless........

This week I am going to show you how Washi Tape can be used in place of patterned paper and then put through your favourite die-cut machine to produce interesting elements for scrapbooking and card making. Here is what I came up with:


All of the elements on each of the cards is made using Washi Tape stuck to plain white card stock to give the tape a base, and to add some thickness.

Card #1 - Hello


As you can see in the picture below the balloon was made by putting strips of yellow chevron, solid black, wood looking Washi Tape onto a piece of white card stock then putting it through my Big Shot. The Balloon was also adhered using foam squares to make it 3D, so that it pops off the card a little.


Card #2 - Love


This card was made again by sticking lines of Washi Tape to card stock and then running it through my big shot. I used foam squares to adhere the word "love" to the frame and the same with the small black frame in the top corner. Both lots of black elements are covered with Glossy Accents to give them some shine and dimension. 

Card #3 - Ho Ho Ho!


This final card was again done the same way with one exception, instead of cutting shapes with my big shot (the letters were cut using a die) I cut 2 long strips and cut reverse triangles in the end to make layered flags.

Materials Used:

Card #1 - Kaisercraft Alphabet Die, Memory Box Hot Air Balloon and Marshmallow Clouds Dies, and Papercraft Foam Squares.

Card #2 - Kaisercraft Alphabet and Nesting Frames Dies, Papercraft Foam Squares and Glossy Accents.

Card #3 - Kaisercraft Alphabet Die, and Papercraft Foam Squares.

So you can see how easy it is to make quick and easy embellishments from something as simple as Washi Tape. Check out Auzz Trinklets N Krafts online store to see all the beautiful rolls of Washi Tape that Neha has to offer. Beware, if you are not already addicted to Washi Tape then you soon will be!

Caio for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png