Saturday, September 17, 2016

I love Donuts

Hi Everyone.......its Tracey Here.

Boys will be Boys is our theme for September. 

I have  a few cards to show you today , using a really cute stamp
 "I love Donuts" and for Sprinkes...." Crystal Drops"


Just for Fun.....A Donut shape card.



Crystal drops come in a huge variety of colours and four different finshes......Matt, Glitter, Pearl and Clear. I have used the Matt on my cards. When the dots dry they have a wonderful high gloss finish, just like enamel dots.....but a lot cheaper!


A quick tip.........the card on the right was my first attempt, I dropped it smudging all the dots! I also found the coloured dots did not seem as vibrant on the dark chocolate layer! So, for the card on the left I added white dots with a gel pen, then added the crystal dots over the top....it worked really well. 
A great idea is to add a clear dot on top of a pearl dot which creates a dot that looks like a gem. 
Stamp a flourish with Versamark....then dot Crystal drops following the design.

I started thinking about my favorite Donut ....... 'Just Plain' with a sprinkle of Cinnamon and Sugar. I've used a shaker mix.....make sure you check out the store to see all the pretty colours. 


A great video for some different techniques.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbW86dOhNCc

Products used
Image result for simon says stamp I love donutsImage result for nuvo crystal drops uk

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png