Sunday, March 5, 2017

DT Deni - March Shades Of Green

Hi Everyone,

DT Deni here with you today on the Auzz Trinklets blog, this month we are playing with "All Shades Of Green". We didn't want to focus on St Pats Day so we thought why not think outside of the box.

Front of card 

Inside of card



I have created a card today using a stamp set from Newton's Nook called Magical Dreams. This is a pretty new company to me so I was quite excited to try them out. They are a clear stamp set which i love as it allows me to see exactly what and where I am stamping. You just attach them to an Acrylic Block/Misti or Stamp Press, stamp and ink away.



I attached the image to a Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block, inked the stamp up using Memento Tuxedo Black and stamped it onto some Mondi Color Copy 200gsm cardstock. I knew I was planning on Fussy Cutting the image so i just used some leftovers from another project.

I coloured the image up using Copic Markers (listed below) then coated the light green sections using Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush. I then grabbed my Cutterbee Scissors (these scissors are perfect for fussy cutting) and fussy cut the image out.


My friend sent me some Sketches to have a play with as I've been in a bit of a creative slump at the moment, so that's what i was using while making this card - ill try and post a link if i can find where she got it from.
Next i went hunting through all my papers to find a few matching "Green" papers to make my card come to life. I found a 6x6 paper pad from American Crafts called Autumn Crisp which had exactly what i was looking for.


I cut a matt 12.5x12.5 matt from Green Cardstock in my leftovers tub (i actually cut two, one for the inside of the card also), I then cut a 12x12 matt from American Crafts white cardstock, and then a 11.5x11.5 square from the pattern paper. Cutting a matt inbetween the green and the pattern just breaks it up a little. I also cut a 11.5 square from another pattern paper from the paper pad and used the leftovers to cut the strip for the front of the card (i used the square on the inside)

I then grabbed my Lawn Fawn Stitched Circles (unsure whether i used the L or S as i have them altogether) and cut a circle from the Largest die from the inside of the green matt i cut earlier.. I used the matt as i knew it would not show from under the white layer and meant i got more use out of all my papers. I then used the next size down circle die to cut a white layer. I used more leftovers out of my tub for this layer.
Next I grabbed some leftover black cardstock, used my Powder Tool to remove the static and using a small Acrylic Block from Lawn Fawn and Versamark Watermark ink pad i used one of the sentiments from the stamp set, Superfine White Embossing Powder from Wow and then heated it up using my heat gun. I then used my trimmer to cut it into a thin strip for the front of my card.



This is now where I wasn't sure what I was going to do, as sitting all the layers together it just seemed like it was missing something. I decided to use the magic wand and the potion bottle to stamp the background of the white circle I had cut (using Memento Tuxedo Black). I then used a little grey Copic Marker to add some shading to the potion bottles.

The card still needed a little something more.. so I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops to finish the card off... Now here is where I made a big mistake.. Silly me decided to work on the inside of my card and accidentally knocked it completely open and made all my drops flat lol... so I carefully used my piercing tool to scrape them up and redo them.. So please be careful and make sure they are completely dry before opening your card.


Products Used On This Card

Wink Of Stella Clear
Copic Markers
Newton's Nook - Magical Dreams
Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block
Mondi Color Copy 200gsm
Lawn Fawn Stitched Circles
American Crafts Cardstock
American Crafts - Autum Crisp 6x6
Versamark - Watermark Ink Pad
Memento Tuxedo Black
Powder Tool
Cutterbee Scissors
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Apple Green, Bottle Green, Woodland Green

Copic Markers Used

C0, C1
YG25, G24, G28
YG03, YG05, YG07

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png