Wednesday, March 22, 2017

DT Deni - Shades of Green Post 2

Hi guys, DT Deni here..

I am a little late with my blog post this week as I've had a lot going on.

My Boyfriend and I took a few days away from our lives and went on a little trip just the two of us to The Whitsundays. While we were on Whitehaven Beach my partner proposed to me :-) It was absolutely perfect and he couldn't have done it in a more beautiful spot.
So now i'm organising a wedding on top of some family stuff that is going on.. hence me totally losing the plot and forgetting my blog post lol.

So here goes..




I have used a stamp set (new to me) from Lawn Fawn called Thanks a Bushel. I loved this stamp set but I wasn't sure how I would use it. I decided to make my youngest sons Teacher a card of him to give to her just to show our appreciation for all that she does.

Normally we would do red apples for a teacher, but I decided to go green and use it for my Design Team project.

I grabbed some Mondi Color Copy scraps that I had sitting in my tub, then had a quick think about what i was going to do..

I decided I wanted to add the single apples also, so I stamped those using Memento Tuxedo Black using Lawn Fawn Acrylic Blocks onto Post It tape and fussy cut them out. I stamped the two single apples on the left and right (don't forget you always stamp the images u want in front first), I then placed my two post it note apples on top of the stamp images and then stamped the apple basket. At the last minute i decided to stamp all the little faces onto the apples which just turned out so cute.

I then coloured up all the apples using Copic Markers (listed below). I cut the stitched square using Lawn Fawn Stitched Squares dies.


I stamped the sentiment word "Thanks" onto the square using Memento Tuxedo Black and I then stamped the rest of the sentiment using Versamark Watermark Ink onto some Canson Black Card Stock (I did use my embossing buddy before stamping) which I just cut to size on my trimmer. I then added some Wow Opaque White Embossing Powder to the sentiment and melted it using my Heat Gun.

I cut the mats using American Crafts and Canson Cardstock, I couldn't find a patterned paper i liked for this card so i decided to make my own and stamp the apples all over a square mat of the Mondi Color Copy. I attached all the layers onto a Twiddleybitz Card Base using my ATG.



I had so much fun making this card and hope I have inspired you to think outside of the box.

Products Used On This Card

Lawn Fawn Thanks A Bushel
Memento Tuxedo Black
Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block
Post It Tape
Lawn Fawn Stitched Squares
Canson Card Stock
Embossing Buddy
Wow - Superfine Opaque Bright White
Scotch ATG
American Crafts Cardstock
Twiddleybitz Card Base
EK Success Scissors
Heat Gun
Versamark Watermark Ink Pad

Copic Markers Used

Apples G43, G24, YG45, E42, G05, R21

Basket E33, E35, E37

Shadow W00, W2

Thanks For Stopping by, don't forget to drop into the Auzz Trinklets n Crafts Store to look at all the products used on this card.

DT Deni
http://angelhandmadepapercraft.blogspot.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png