Tuesday, June 27, 2017

DT Clarinda - Pretty Layout using Stencils

Hi Peeps,

Welcome to my last post, today I have a pretty layout using a stencil in the background.
The first this I did was choose the photo and the paper. This paper is by Lemoncraft. I then stamped randomly around the page with a music themed stamp using brown distress ink.


I then tore up an old page from a music book into strips and glued it down using a thin coat of 3D matte gel. I then used a mandala stencil and white texture paste to create texture to under and around where the photo would be. You can see in the photo below, while it was still wet I carefully dripped some pink ink into the paste to die it and added glitter on top.



Next, using Lindy's stamp gang's Moonshadow Mist spray in Violaceous Violet I dripped the ink from the top of the page. I love these sprays as they look vintage brown from one angle then when you tilt the page they have a shiny secondary colour, this one is purple (you will see it in other photos.

Once this was done and while it was drying I picked out some emphemera to match the colour scheme.  I then inked all the emphemera with Walnut stain Distress Ink and Colorbox chalk ink.


When it was all dry I moved things around until I was happy with the layout and stuck them down with 3D matte gel. I wanted flowers coming out of the jar of hearts, so I stuck down some leaves and an emphemera flower as the base. 

                                                      

I then added flowers over the top. I wanted the hearts to stand out so I glued some tiny gold hearts onto the jar as well. 

                                                         

To finish it off I distressed the edges of the paper and added extra prima flowers.

                                                        
I hope you enjoy my layout as much as I enjoyed making it.
Hugs
Clarinda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png