Friday, July 7, 2017

DT Kerry - Play to your strengths

Hi everyone, my name is Kerry and I'm very excited and feel privileged to be on the Auzz Trinklets Design Team. I hope you find some inspiration from my work.
I was asked to "play to my strengths" in this theme so after much contemplation, I decided to go with stamping. It's something that I do in almost all of my projects, whether that be a card, scrapbook page or pocket page. I love stamps and love to use them. One of my most favourite companies to ink up at the moment is Lawn Fawn, and recently they have come out with so many adorable ones. They make it so easy to create a whimsical and fun project.

I cut some Bristol Smooth Cardstock with Lawn Fawn's Stitched Rectangle Die and blended Distress inks to create the space background. I then splattered some white Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour splashes and drew on some stars and dots with a white gel pen to give that Galaxy effect.
After using my Misti to stamp out my images I coloured them with Copics. I coloured in the spaceman's helmet with Wink of Stellar glitter pen and covered it in Ranger Glossy Accents and put aside to dry. Using Lawn Fawns Fancy Box die I cut the box out of black cardstock and adhered some acetate for the window.  I just love how these cute little boxes are just perfect for a gift card or a few lollies.  I'm going to put some silver star sequins in for a bit of added surprise!

I just love all these new innovational dies that assist you in putting together a little creation with ease.




Another new super fun die is the Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box die. I haven't had this die long, but I can tell I'm going to use it a heap!
I cut pieces of Lawn Fawn Watercolour Wishes and pastel Perfectly Plaid cardstock. I then cut out some grass and flowers from the Lawn Fawn Grassy Border and Lawn Fawn Flower Border dies and colour blended them using Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron Distress inks and Copics. Once assembling the box I moved onto the other elements.


I created a clothesline full of baby clothes with the Lawn Fawn Little Bundle stamp set and added a fairy and flower from the Lawn Fawn Fairy Friends stamp set plus a snail from Lawn Fawn Gleeful Gardens.


I propped up the fairy to make her look like she is floating with some clear acetate, embossed the greeting with some Embossing Powder and adhered all the little pieces in to finalise my card.  A couple of little clothes pegs adds a little extra cuteness but these can be left off if you are mailing the card. 



Enjoy your weekend and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png