Saturday, October 21, 2017

DT Deni - Princesses and Rainbows

Good Morning,

DT Deni with you today and looking forward to sharing my Rainbow post with you today. 

I have been wanting to use my new "Once Upon A Time" Stamp set from My Favorite Things, and had some sort of design plan in my head. I went through my stash looking for a Rainbow die and found the "Shooting Star" Die from Lawn Fawn.




I first did a bulk stamping of the images on Mondi Color Copy 250GSM using my Misti Stamping Tool and Memento Tuxedo Black. I actually placed the dies on my Misti and put all the stamps on the dies and then closed the Misti to attach them.. I then stamped them out. Once I was done I placed the dies over the stamped images, popped some tape to hold them still. I do have a magnetic plate on my Sizzix Big Shot however sometimes they do still move and I don't like taking the chance.

Next I coloured up some of the images that I thought that I was going to use for the first card (I wasn't expecting to make two cards at this stage), I then cut the base layer for the images using the Mondi Color Copy 250GSM.. The first card I used My Favorite Things Mini Stitched Scallop Oval Die and on the second card I used the My Favorite Things Mini Stitched Scallop Circle Die

I used Tumbled Glass Mini Distress Ink and a Mini Distress Ink Blender Tool and Blended the top half of the shapes I cut out to create a sky.. I dropped a couple of drops of water on the blend (nothing too major as it isn't water colour paper), then carefully dried it up with a tissue.

Next I started playing with my images to work out what sort of placement I was after. I decided I needed to ground the images a little more so I used the Lawn Fawn Grassy Border Die and some leftover green cardstock. 

I attached the images to the background using Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive. I cut some patterned paper from Doodlebug Design Inc - Springtime paper pad and attached it to some matte layers cut from American Crafts Cardstock. I had some white clouds left over from a previous project - cut from My Favorite Things In The Cloud Die. The Star and rainbow were cut using Lawn Fawn Shooting Star Die and some leftovers from my scraps bin. I added some Nuvo Drops at the end to finish off the project and cover some of the larger water drop marks. 

I used Scotch ATG tape to adhere all the bigger layers of my card. Once all the layers were done I then adhered them all to a Twiddleybitz Cardbase. I finished off my card with some Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush.

Copic Markers Used On This Card

E000, E00, E21, E11, E13, E04, R20
C1, C3, C5
Y13, Y15, Y17, Y18
RV21, RV23, RV25, RV29
E43, E44, E47, E49
B91
B12, B14

Products Used On This Card

Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool Refills
Ranger Mini Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass
Twiddleybitz Card Base


Thanks For Stopping By The Auzz Trinklets N Crafts Blog, we hope to see you again soon.

Don’t forget to stop by the shop to see all the currently available items.

At the time of this blog posting these cards are currently available for sale at Angel Handmade Papercraft.

Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png